I have to say, I don’t like to pick favorites when it comes to recipes or DIYs, but this one is definitely at the top of my list! I mean, who wouldn’t love a mermaid milkshake?
Outrageous milkshakes are super popular right now. We are seeing birthday cake milkshakes, unicorn milkshakes, and just all these extreme milkshake creations. So, I decided to jump on the bandwagon. There was not a really creative mermaid milkshake out there, which surprised me. When thinking about what would make this milkshake unique, I instantly thought of mermaid scales. The candy melts (aka candy coating chocolate) reminded me of the mermaid scales, and so all I did was apply the candy melts to the glass by melting some of the other candy melts to use at the “glue” and created a perfect mermaid look!
Here is the video tutorial on how to add in the sprinkles, etc. You can also find the complete recipe below.
1. Melt the candy melts in the microwave or a double boiler
2. Dip glass in chocolate, or apply with spatula
3. Add candy melts to the chocolate immediately before it hardens
4. Place the ice cream, 1/4 cup milk, and half of the acai juice into the blender
5. Add more milk for the consistency you like
6. Add more acai for a deeper color
7. Make the homemade whipped cream by placing the cold whipping cream in a bowl and whip with a hand mixer until it 8. starts to get thick (a stand mixer with a whisk attachment can also be used)
9. Add in the vanilla extract and powdered sugar; start by adding 2 tablespoon and add more if you like it a bit sweeter
10. Whip until it thickens to stiff peaks
11. Pour the milkshake into the prepared glass, add whipped cream on the top
12. Place the mermaid tail in the top and add cotton candy on the top
13. Decorate as desired
For the Mermaid Tail:
1. Melt the candy coating chocolate in the microwave or double boiler
2. Pour into the mold and use a toothpick to swirl the colors together if you want to create a marbled look
3. Allow cooling to harden; it can be placed in the fridge for a few minutes to help the process