I know I always brag about how good I am about eating my veggies, and that I have my same salad every day for lunch….well…I hit a wall. I think I have been having mommy meltdowns lately, and I just don’t feel like eating salad for lunch! I’m sure you go through phases like that as well, where you are super into a food, but once you have it enough, you can’t even look at it again. I’m sure I will get back into my daily salad phase, but in the meantime I am obsessed with this Eggless Caesar Salad Dressing.
I wanted to do an eggless version, because I just sometimes get weirded out with the thought of having raw egg in something that I plan on storing in the fridge for a couple days. I know, I know…it is crazy, BUT this is a great version that doesn’t require a yolk. I used sour cream instead as a thickener. Sour cream has to be one of my favorite ingredients ever to exist. I use it a lot in baking as well because the tangy quality adds great depth of flavor. This dressing is salty, tangy, lemony, and rich! Everything you want in a Caesar dressing.
Tips for perfect Eggless Caesar Dressing:
*I love using a handheld blender when I make dressings, but a regular blender can be used as well. I love the handheld one, because it has less clean up. I use it when I am making soups and sauces as well to make them smooth, without having to pour them into a blender.
*Adjust the flavors as you like! Start with less and add more. If you aren’t sure if you like the flavor of anchovy, add a little bit, then add more after you taste it. Same with the black pepper, vinegar, and lemon. Those are the stronger flavors in the dressing so start small and add more as you like!
*Mix it well! You want to make sure you don’t have any large pieces in the smooth dressing.
*Serve immediately, or store in a sealed container in the fridge. If refrigerated, make sure to allow time for the dressing to sit at room temperature for a bit before serving, to allow the dressing to soften and become loose again, since it will harden a bit in the fridge due to the sour cream.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoons dijon mustard (not the grainy kind)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- the juice of one lemon
- ¼ cup sour cream; room temperature
- ½ cup olive oil; may need ¼ cup more depending on how thick you like the dressing to be
- 1-2 anchovy filets; I like using 2! They add great flavor...I promise!
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- black pepper to taste
- *Place the garlic, dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, sour cream, and ½ cup of olive oil in an immersion blender or regular blender, and blend together until smooth
- *Add in the parsley and a small amount of black pepper
- *Blend again until smooth
- *Add more olive oil if it is too thick for you
- *Add more lemon or vinegar if you want it more tangy, add more salt if needed (probably not though), and more black pepper if you like!
- *Serve right away, or store in the fridge in a sealed container. **If you place it in the fridge, make sure to let it set out in room temperature for a bit before serving since it will need to loosen up a bit from being in the fridge**