“You are the sunshine of my life, that’s why I’ll always be around …” The song I begin singing to myself as I finally locate my sunglasses.
If you’re anything like me, you are forever in search of your sunglasses. Especially with the warm months that are upon us, we are will be using our sunglasses even more. That’s why I’ve come up with the perfect solution to never misplace my rays of sunshine again.
This DIY Sunshine Sunglasses Holder is a fun, colorful and practical way to store the entire family’s shades in one central place.
Tips for a perfect Sunshine Sunglass Holder
*Use the proper waterslide decal paper for your printer. Inkjet or laser!
*If you have any issues with the decal paper coming off along the edges, you can use clear super glue to secure the edges back onto the board.
*Make sure to follow the instruction on the specific brand of decal paper you buy. Here is the brand I used!
*I highly recommend using elastic more than anything else. You can get it at the fabric store.
*If you do not have a staple gun, you can use upholstery tacks.
- Water Slide Decal Paper
- Clear Coat (Acrylic Coating) Spray
- Staple gun
- Upholstery Tacks (Optional)
Assemble the board to your specifics (Scrap pieces or whatever you choose!)
*NOTE: Instructions will vary depending on brand of water slide decal paper. It is recommended to follow the steps that are included
1. Print out your design onto Water Slide Decal Paper and allow paper dry for at least 3-4 minutes.
2. Coat paper with acrylic spray (recommended outside). Allow to dry for 60 seconds and then apply 2-3 more coats. Allow paper to dry for a 2-3 minutes.
3. Cut out design.
4. Submerge in water for 30-60 seconds and remove.
5. Slide backing off and apply to mug. Remove all air bubbles.
6. Let decal set and dry for at approximately 3 hours and bake in oven at 230 degrees F for 10-15 minutes.
7. Attach elastic with staple gun!
I want to see your From Scratch creations! If you make any of my DIY projects be sure to tag me on social and use the hashtag #FromScratchwithMaria. Happy crafting!