Happy Game Day!!
For all of you football lovers out there, like me, this is the best time of the year. I love the beginning of fall. It is so fun to get together and watch games, eat game day food, and support all of the college teams we love.
I am so excited to join Foodstirs’ Baker’s Circle. Foodstirs is a really great company that was created by actress Sarah Michelle Galler. She wanted to create a line of products that makes it easier, and healthier, to bake with your kids. You know I love everything From Scratch, but if you are in a rush, or aren’t really a huge baker, then this is the company for you. They have anything you need when it comes to baking, from cupcakes to brownies, and even frosting. These kits are filled with organic, good quality products, that you can feel good about giving your kids….and eating yourself! Plus, it tastes good!
Another part thing I love about this company is their desire to inspire creativity. They have fun ideas for you to create with your kids. That’s why I wanted to create something fun for game day. I thought of using the brownies to make footballs, then top them on the cupcakes. I used dye-free food coloring to make the frosting green like the grass on the football field.
Below I am sharing the pictures of the process. Everything you see in the finished product is made with Foodstirs products.
- 1 box Foodstirs brownies
- 1 box Foodstirs vanilla cupcakes
- 1 box Foodstirs frosting
- dye-free green food coloring
- football cookie cutter
- *Bake the brownies and cupcakes according to instructions, and allow to cool; in order to get more footballs, bake the brownies in a 9x9 inch pan
- *Cut the brownies with the football cookie cutter; if they are too big, trim them down with a knife
- *Mix up the frosting according to package instructions
- *Use a piping bag to pipe the white lines on the footballs
- *Add the dye-free food coloring to the rest of the frosting, and spread over the muffins
- *Insert a toothpick into the side of the brownie and place into the cupcake to allow the football to stand up