I know that most people put framed pictures of their family on the walls, but it’s fall…so we are framing some pumpkins!! DIY Framed Pumpkins is a beyond cute craft to do this fall. It’s so easy and so fun!
I am convinced that more people need to incorporate crafting into their parties. Don’t you think craft parties sound like such a fun idea? You get to hang with your friends and be creative at the same time. I always think about that when I am coming up with crafts for Home and Family. What would people love to get together and make? Well, start with these pumpkins! They are really cost effective, they don’t take a lot of time to make and you can display them in your house the entire fall season.
Here is the link to the video from my segment on Hallmark Channel’s Home and Family Show.
- Fake Pumpkins, preferably cut-out
- Large Frames
- Poster Board
- Foam Core
- Spray Adhesive
- Hot Glue Gun
- Fake Flowers
- Fake Leaves
Directions for Regular Framed Pumpkins
1. Paint the frame as desired or stain it.
2. Measure and cut out foam core for the back.
3. Use spray adhesive to attach foam core to poster board.
4. Cut out.
5. Attach the board to the back of the frame with a hot glue gun
6. Flip over and glue pumpkin onto the center of the frame.
Optional: If adding fall details cut off the top of the pumpkin with an X-Acto knife or small hand saw, in between steps #5 and #6.
Tip: If you cannot find pumpkin halves in store, cut full pumpkins in half along the seam using an X-Acto knife or small hand saw.
Directions for Fall Vase Pumpkin
1. Dress the upper half of the pumpkin with the fall details.