I cannot live without coffee. There is just no way to survive with two kids (one of which who doesn’t sleep), a full-time job, and just life in general! It is so comforting to wake up in the morning and have a hot cup of coffee. Even if I could give it up, I’m not sure I would want to!
This DIY is perfect for coffee lovers in your life. I also think these would be really fun for pasta. I love when food becomes art and this craft showcases just how you can do that.
Tips for DIY Coffee Canisters
*Make sure to use enamel paint! It’s the best paint to use because after 21 days the paint will cure and you can actually wash the canisters in the dishwasher if you want! You can also cure it in the oven if your canister isn’t too fragile. Make sure to follow the instruction on the specific brand of paint you choose though! Each could be different.
*Clean the canister with alcohol after you put the tape and letters on so that the paint will adhere properly.
*Remove the letters and paint before the paint dries, otherwise it could peel the paint off.
- Food Storage Containers/Tops
- Wooden Scoops
- Enamel Paint
- Vinyl Stickers
- Masking Tape
Directions for Scoop
1. Tape off drill bit
2. Use drill bit to drill hole into lid and scoop
3. Take small dowel and hot glue that into hole of cannister
Directions for Paint
1. Clean the glass canister with rubbing alcohol to help the paint to adhere and take off any grease and grime to help enamel adhere
2. When adding vinyl letter, use a ruler to measure
3. Know the width of the letters you’re using, tape off the square and place the letters slowly.
4. Can readjust if need be
5. Using a stipple brush, dab on 3 coats of enamel paint
6. Dabbing on the paint keeps it from seeping under the letters
7. Before the paint fully dried, remove the vinyl letters
8. For the enamel paint to fully cure, you need to give it 21 days to air dry, but then it is fully top rack dishwasher safe and on for good!