As you know, I love desserts, but I have to tell you a secret. I don’t love Halloween candy! I am more of a cookie monster. What I do love though, how stinking cute candy corn is. It’s really one of the traditional symbols for Halloween, so I thought that making DIY Candy Corn Bags for Halloween would make them a little “extra.”
If your kids are anything like mine, while we are trick-or-treating we have to stop at home to empty his bag full of candy and then head back out. We end up passing out most of the candy he brings home anyway. I think the most fun part is just walking around and getting the candy, more than eating it. My 5-year-old has a sweet-tooth like me but also happens to have very good self-control! Not sure where he gets it from.
These DIY Candy Corn Bags for Halloween could be made into any sizes that you like! If you have doing a party at your house and want these to be gift bags, you could make them smaller as well.
- White, Orange and Yellow Crepe paper/party streamers
- Paper mache cone
- Hot glue
- Hole punch
1. Punch a hole on each side of paper mache cone.
2. Cut crepe paper/party streamers to create fringe (repeat for each color).
3. Using hot glue, attach fringe to the cone starting at the bottom and working your way up.
4. Loop ribbon through holes to create bag handle.