The only thing that can make chocolate brownies and homemade whipped cream better is strawberry!
I love the idea of taking something simple, like brownies, and making them fun and elegant for Valentine’s Day. Sometimes we get caught up in making over-the-top desserts, or festive treats (trust me I love those too), but it can be more fun to keep it uncomplicated. My simple brownies are a perfect foundation for this, but you can really use any brownie recipe you like. I love chocolate and strawberries together so instead of adding strawberries into this dessert, I simply added good quality strawberry jelly to some homemade whipped cream for a subtle, light flavor.
Homemade whipped cream is so easy, you will never want to buy it from the store again. All you need to do is incorporate air into the cream, and you can do this with a stand mixer, hand mixer, or whisking it by hand. If you do whisk it by hand, it can be a little bit of a work out, but totally worth it.
How to make perfect Brownie and Strawberry Whipped Cream Parfaits
* Start with good brownies! I love my recipe for simply perfect basic brownies.
*Don’t over whip the cream…or you will have strawberry butter!
*Add in anything else you like! Fresh strawberries, extra chocolate, etc.
*For a fun touch, add a heart-shaped strawberry on top. You can do this by cutting a strawberry in half, and use a sharp knife to create a heart shape.
- Brownies; amount will vary depending on how many jars you want to make
- 1 pint whipping cream; cold
- 3-4 tablespoons good quality strawberry jelly or jam
- Fresh strawberries for garnish; optional
- Pour the cold whipping cream into a bowl of a stand mixer; if using a hand mixer, you can pour it into a large mixing bowl
- Start whisking on low to medium speed until the cream starts to thicken, then turn it up slightly
- Add in the jelly/jam and continue to mix
- Mix until the cream starts to hold soft peaks; do not over mix or you will have strawberry butter
- Cut the brownies to fit the size of the jar and layer with the whipped cream, and any other ingredients you like
- For a fun touch, add a heart-shaped strawberry on top. You can do this by cutting a strawberry in half, and use a sharp knife to create a heart shape