Yay! Donut wall!!
This has been my biggest, and most favorite, segment to date! Who doesn’t love a wall full of donuts.
As promised, I am sharing my donut recipe that I made during the Pinners Conference and Expo.
I will be posting a great chocolate frosting recipe to go on the donuts along with a glaze, and tricks to turning them into a sugared donut, my fav! Stay tuned for those details, but in the meantime you can find the recipe below along with the video of my segment on how to make the actual donut wall.
Baked Donuts and Donut Wall
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder
- In another bowl, combine the sour cream, milk, eggs, sugar and melted butter with a whisk until well combined
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, slowly, while using a whisk, and stir until everything is well incorporated but do not over mix
- Spray a donut mold pan (I like using the silicone ones) with cooking spray
- The batter will be thick, so scoop it into a piping bag
- Pipe the batter into the donuts, this will make 12 donuts
- Bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes or until the batter is set, careful not to over-bake
- Allow to cool completely before frosting