I’m officially obsessed with avocado! It was even the first real food I fed my son… obsessed!
I have seen avocado hollandaise here and there and I had to try it out for myself. Hollandaise is one of my favorite sauces. It’s creamy and sinful you would think that there is no way to replicate it in a healthy way. Trust me on this one… try making this and you will be surprised at how good it is. The avocado is rich and creamy, then when it’s all whipped up with lemon juice, warm water, and olive oil it creates a really fresh sauce that is comparable to hollandaise without being super heavy. I could honestly just dip bread in this and be completely happy, but I recommend pouring lots of it over poached eggs and an english muffin for a new take on Eggs Benedict.
- 1 ripe (but not overly ripe) avocado
- ⅔ cup warm water
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from half a lemon, about 1-2 tablespoons
- salt and pepper
- *Place the avocado in either a food processor or a blender
- *Add in the lemon juice and half of the water
- *Blend together until smooth
- *While the mixer is running add in the olive oil
- *Add in more water until you achieve the consistency that you want; I didn't want mine to be too thick so I added in all of the ⅔ cup… it may depend on how big your avocado is as well
- *Add salt and pepper to taste
- *Pour over anything!